In a groundbreaking move to challenge traditional gender norms, Policybazaar has launched a compelling 3-part brand campaign emphasizing the importance of Indian women purchasing Term Life Insurance independently of their husbands. Historically, the financial safety net of a family has been predominantly linked to men, dangerously sidelining the significant emotional and financial impact a family undergoes if a wife or mother is lost. Through its campaign, Policybazaar poignantly highlights this oversight, encouraging women to take charge of their family’s financial future by investing in Term Insurance.
- Challenging Gender Norms: Policybazaar’s campaign emphasizes the need for women to independently secure Term Life Insurance.
- Motherly Instincts: The ads resonate with the innate desire of mothers to safeguard their children’s future, even in their absence.
- Shared Responsibility: The campaign underscores the shared financial responsibilities in modern households.
- Women’s Financial Contribution: The narrative reflects the evolving dynamics where women’s financial input is as significant as men’s.
- Women-centric Term Plans: Policybazaar has previously collaborated on women-focused term plans, such as the independent homemaker term plan.
The campaign’s narratives are deeply rooted in real-life scenarios:
- Facing Reality: One ad features a cancer survivor mother, reflecting on the potential changes in her daughter’s life had she not survived. This realization propels her to invest in Term Insurance, mirroring her husband’s decision.
- Anticipating Responsibilities: Another ad captures a pregnant woman’s concerns for her unborn child’s future, emphasizing the shared responsibility of ensuring the best for their child.
- Modern Household Dynamics: The campaign aptly portrays the financial contributions of women in contemporary households, emphasizing the importance of women actively purchasing insurance.
Sai Narayan, Chief Marketing Officer at Policybazaar, commented, “Our brand’s ethos is ‘Har Family Hogi Insured,’ which can only be realized when women are recognized as equals. Women-centric Term Insurance is a pivotal yet overlooked segment with vast potential. The campaign’s narratives resonate with the changing societal dynamics, where more women are spearheading financial decisions, especially concerning their children.”
Santosh Agarwal, CBO, Life Insurance at Policybazaar, added, “Policybazaar firmly believes in women as equal contributors to households, regardless of their employment status. The introduction of products like the independent homemaker term plan underscores women’s invaluable role in families and society. We aim to spread the message that women should capitalize on these plans to ensure a secure future for their dependents in an unpredictable world.