Open from 28 October 2021 to 2 January 2022, the themed pop-up café welcomes fans into the world of the beloved Minions… without having to work for an infamous supervillain, of course! Brought to life by Universal Brand Development, PARCO – the licensee of Minion Cafe and 1-Group – the latter behind concepts such as The Garage, The Summerhouse, The Alkaff Mansion and many others – Minion Café will serve a deliciously Minion-inspired menu, plus house café-exclusive merchandise and collectables.
With themed menu dishes and Minion-inspired artwork, the café offers a fun immersive experience creating the perfect backdrop for fans to create and share content across their socials.
The themed café is based on the iconic “MINION SUMMER CAFÉ” operated by PARCO Japan in PARCO Ikebukuro, PARCO Nagoya and PARCO Shinsaibashi, with similar Minion artwork and select dishes including the Tim and Bob Ice Cake Plate.
You had us at ‘Yellow’
Minion Café will bring joy to anyone – whether young or young at heart. Feel-good vibes abound the moment one enters the two-storey café celebrating all-things Minions – from posters, wall decorations, life-size figurines to an entire photobooth dedicated to capturing the fun-filled experience. It’s Minion-infused every step of the way.
Yellow is the order of the day
Every effort has been made by 1-Group’s Head Restaurant Chef Tom Kung and his team to curate a menu that is not only delicious, but also picture perfect. Aside from dishes based on PARCO Japan’s menu, new Singaporean inspired dishes were specially created for the local palate and Minions fans alike. To order, guests may scan a QR code for the digital menu and thereafter select their preferred dish.
- Minion Big Pan Breakfast ($28) – the perfect all-day breakfast combination of plant-based Beyond sausage, two sunny side up egg, cherry tomatoes, sautéed portobello mushrooms, caramelised onion, avocado, golden brown tater tots and toasted sourdough bread
- Minion Keema Chicken Curry ($25) – a sure favourite among the little ones, a mild minced chicken and vegetable curry with a Minion-shaped serving of rice is accompanied by sautéed portobello mushrooms along with crunchy lotus root and banana chips
- Minion Wagyu Lunch Plate ($28) – cute Minion rice balls are served with a black pepper glazed Wagyu strip loin patty*, fried ebi (shrimp), sunny side up egg, broccoli, cherry tomatoes, mini chicken sausage with a side of creamy potato puree and bananas
- Minion Singapore Prawn Noodle ($24) – a bowl of comforting yellow noodles in a rich seafood broth served with fresh clams, prawns, scallops, cherry tomatoes and bean sprouts
- Minion Kelong Prawn & Scallop Pizza ($32) – this lip-smacking 12-inch creation is at once crisp and full of flavour – topped with mascarpone, gooey mozzarella cheese and a vibrant green pesto, then studded with plump tiger prawns, scallops and adorable Minions faces
- Minion Black Truffle Crab Meat Croquette ($14 for three pieces) – perfectly golden brown on the outside and melt-in-the-mouth on the inside, best enjoyed with a side of sweet chilli sauce
- Minion Pumpkin Mantou with Chilli Crab Meat Dip ($15 for four pieces) – Chef’s version of the local favourite but with a tangy Minion twist to it
- Minion Banana Boat ($18) – The perfect sweet end to a day of Minion-mania, soft sponge cake is adorned with bananas, corn flakes, mango whipped cream, blueberries and scoops of pink strawberry and cotton candy ice cream
*All Minions characters on dishes are made with an edible potato sheet. No pork or lard is used.
Other options include:
Salad – Minion Corn Salad ($16)
Hot Dishes – Minion Wagyu Cheese Burger ($32) and Minion Mac and Cheese ($18)
Desserts – Minion Castella Cake ($18), Minion Tropical Fruit Sundae ($18) and the Bob And Tim Ice Cake Plate ($18)
Merchandise and opening promotions
The pop-up café will also offer exclusive Minion Café merchandise from Japan as well as Minion merchandise from across the South East Asia region with collectables and memorabilia that are currently not available anywhere else in the world! Some must-haves include a gacha key chain, ‘Bob’ mascot key chain, Minion rolled sticky memo, Minion round container and a totally Minion-rific clear file – because one can never have too many Minions around!