Socialbakers has released a comprehensive report on Social Media Trends for Q4 2019 with key observations of the current social media landscape based on the top 50 biggest brand profiles in Singapore. The airlines’ industry saw the most engagement on Facebook, sharing 3.46% of the total interactions of brands pages – a unique trend observed across the region.
Singapore Airlines managed to completely skyrocket Facebook performance in the region as a whole, creating 2,119,370 interactions with just their top three posts and a total of 2,734,867 interactions on 165 total posts. Other notable top performing pages are brands in the hospitality and travel industry, including Rendezvous Hotels by Far East Hospitality and The Shilla Duty-Free Singapore.
Taking a closer look at the interaction distribution for brands in Singapore, engagement grew on both Instagram and Facebook in Q4 2019. This is in line with the overall worldwide engagement numbers, which also increased during Q4 2019. Total audience size still being larger on Facebook than Instagram however was one major difference with worldwide audience numbers as Instagram surpassed Facebook in other regions.
Some other key insights include:
- In Singapore, mobile devices counted for 97 per cent of all online paid media impressions
- When it comes to cost per click (CPC) and cost per thousand (CPM) for Singapore:
- The lowest CPC is on FB feed, FB suggested video and IG stories
- The lowest CPM is on FB suggested video, IG stories and FB instream video.
- Cost per Click in Singapore has seen a shown marked increase over the last quarter with no downward trend insight.
Read more on the Singapore report here.