- Dettol Malaysia partners with Kingdom Digital to release a new brand film titled “A new legacy to protect.”
- The film features Syed Shahril Anuar, the station chief of Subang Jaya Fire Station, and his inspiring story.
- The film aims to celebrate firefighters and emphasize the importance of collective responsibility in protecting the nation.
- Tiffany Tang, Dettol Malaysia’s marketing director, and Edmund Lou, Kingdom Digital’s head of strategy, share insights on the film’s message.
- This is part of Dettol Malaysia’s ongoing series of brand films, following a Parents’ Day campaign earlier this year.
In a heartfelt tribute to Malaysia’s unsung heroes, Dettol Malaysia has teamed up with creative agency Kingdom Digital to release a brand film in conjunction with Malaysia’s recent National Day. The film, aptly titled “A new legacy to protect,” stars Syed Shahril Anuar, the station chief of Subang Jaya Fire Station, who shares how his late father’s legacy inspired him to serve his community and country.
As Malaysia navigates the complexities of a post-pandemic world, the film serves as a timely reminder that every citizen has a role to play in safeguarding the nation. “Every Malaysian is a hero in their own right, as long as we are willing to work together, care for one another, and strive to make society better,” Anuar emphasizes in the film.
Tiffany Tang, the marketing director of Health and Hygiene at Dettol Malaysia, elaborated on the film’s core message. “This film is a story of commitment and the relentless pursuit to protect. It underscores the unwavering dedication to protect our country and its people,” she said. Tang further added that Dettol’s mission aligns with this ethos, aiming to “inculcate good hygiene habits to break the chain of infection through trusted science and innovative developments.”
Edmund Lou, head of strategy at Kingdom Digital, also weighed in on the significance of the film. “Frontliners have always been at the forefront of protection, but firefighters are often the least celebrated among them,” he noted. Lou found it particularly inspiring to feature a firefighter like Anuar, who carries a strong heritage and meaningful legacy.
This film is the latest in a series of brand films by Dettol Malaysia, following a Parents’ Day campaign earlier this year. That film, titled “A parent’s promise: Keeping our children protected and loved,” explored the challenges and joys of new parenthood.
In summary, “A new legacy to protect” serves as an inspiring narrative that not only honors firefighters but also calls upon Malaysians to take collective responsibility in protecting their nation. As the Asia Pacific region grapples with economic and geopolitical challenges, stories like these offer a glimmer of hope and unity.