In a much-anticipated move, tech behemoth Apple is gearing up to introduce its latest iPhone 15 series at the forthcoming Wonderlust event. Slated for 10:30 pm (Indian time) at Apple’s Cupertino headquarters, the event is abuzz with expectations.
- Launch of Four New iPhones: The spotlight will be on the iPhone 15, 15 Plus, 15 Pro, and the iPhone 15 Pro Max.
- Retail Stock Shortages: Notable Apple products, including previous iPhone models and Apple Watch accessories, are seeing dwindling stocks.
- Continuation of Older Models: Post the iPhone 15 series launch, Apple will retail the iPhone 14, 13, and 14 Plus at reduced prices.
- Potential Discontinuations: Speculations suggest the iPhone 14 Pro and iPhone 13 Mini might be phased out.
- Low Sales for iPhone Mini: Data indicates the iPhone mini’s sales lag behind, contributing to a mere 3% of total iPhone 13 sales in the US by Q1 2022.
- Retail Strategy Shifts: Unusual managerial calls and merchandise resets hint at immediate in-store availability of newly announced products.
Transitioning to the details, Mark Gurman from Apple highlighted the current stock shortages in Apple’s retail outlets. This includes popular products like the iPhone 12, iPhone 13 mini, iPhone 14 Pro, and even the Apple Watch Ultra.
Furthermore, in a move to cater to a broader audience, Apple plans to offer the iPhone 14, 13, and 14 Plus at more affordable prices once the iPhone 15 series hits the market. This strategy aligns with the company’s tradition of providing value at various price points. However, the potential discontinuation of the iPhone 14 Pro and iPhone 13 Mini might be on the horizon, given the latter’s underwhelming sales performance.
Research data from CIRP, as mentioned by Macrumors, paints a clear picture of the iPhone mini’s sales trajectory. With just 3% of total iPhone 13 sales in the US by the first quarter of 2022, it’s evident that the mini variant hasn’t resonated as well with the audience.
Adding to the intrigue, Gurman pointed out Apple’s plans for a merchandise reset on September 12, coupled with a managerial call post the event. Such a call, deviating from Apple’s usual event-day practices, has sparked speculations. As per insights from 9to5Mac, this could indicate Apple’s intent to immediately stock retail stores with newly launched products, including updated AirPods Pro and other accessories.
The Wonderlust event not only promises the unveiling of the iPhone 15 series but also offers a glimpse into Apple’s evolving retail strategies and product lineup.