KUALA LUMPUR, Malaysia, November 15, 2022– In a recent alliance, KPJ Healthcare Berhad (KPJ Healthcare or the Company) has partnered with Pine Labs, a leading merchant commerce omnichannel platform, to provide patients with a variety of payment choices. The partnership was announced on November 8th 2022, in Kuala Lumpur, and Marketing In Asia was informed that it would be an unprecedented service offered in Malaysian hospitals.
- KPJ Healthcare Berhad has partnered with Pine Labs to bring affordability to quality healthcare, by offering patients various payment options that will be available across all KPJ Healthcare Hospitals in Malaysia.
- As a result of the partnership, patients can pay for medical services provided by KPJ Healthcare, over time, by using the Pine Labs POS terminals at the hospital’s payment counters with Pine Labs interest-free instalment plan.
- Though the first fiscal quarter of 2023 (“Q1 FY2023”) is the target date for a fully deployed system, more than 30 Pine Labs terminals have already been implemented at KPJ Healthcare’s hospitals in the Central and Southern Regions.
- As a result of the partnership, patients have the chance to pay for their medical services provided by KPJ healthcare via zero-interest Instalment Payment Plans offered by the vast network of 14 bank partners in partnership with Pine Labs Malaysia. This provides a great financial experience to patients, enabling them to amortize their hospital bills out over a period of up to 36 months, which can be paid for using their credit card. Instantaneous Buy Now Pay Later (“BNPL”) and eWallet options are also available through Pine Labs’ point-of-sale (“PoS”) terminals bringing greater payment flexibilities and choices.
More than 30 Pine Labs terminals have been implemented at KPJ Healthcare’s hospitals in the Central and Southern Regions, with a gradual roll-out to the remaining KPJ Healthcare institutions to follow. The first fiscal quarter of 2023 (“Q1 FY2023”) is the target date for a fully deployed system.
Norhaizam Mohammad, the Officer in Charge and Chief Financial Officer of KPJ Healthcare spoke to us on the partnership and this is what she had to say, “Our collaboration with Pine Labs marks an important milestone as we expand our payment options for our patients. This is in line with our commitment to providing high-quality and accessible healthcare to all Malaysians. This will also empower our patients to plan their medical expenses better and allow for greater flexibility in getting the quality healthcare they seek.”
She further added, “Pine Labs’ thriving network of banking partners, which includes key banks in Malaysia, presents us with an extensive reach and ensures our patients across Malaysia can enjoy this new payment option. In turn, the platform creates a highly effective and streamlined record throughout our network of hospitals.”
Sharad Gulhar – Head of Merchants Business – APAC, Pine Labs, commented, “Malaysia has a well-established reputation of being a world-class medical tourism destination. We are pleased to play our role in creating greater convenience for the country’s thriving healthcare sector and introducing affordable ways to pay digitally. Our partnership with a renowned healthcare institution like KPJ Healthcare enables us to deliver seamless, speedier, and secure digital payment transactions to patients and their loved ones. We believe healthcare as a segment is ripe for disruption when it comes to instalment payment purchase options as affordable healthcare is everyone’s right and providing it to all is what we strive for at Pine Labs.”
Pine Labs payment terminals have been installed at the following KPJ Specialist Hospitals in central and southern Malaysia:
|1. Damansara Specialist 2 Hospital
2. Damansara Specialist Hospital
3. Ampang Puteri Specialist Hospital
4. Selangor Specialist Hospital
5. Tawakkal Specialist Hospital
6. Sentosa KL Specialist Hospital
7. Klang Specialist Hospital
8. Rawang Specialist Hospital
9. Kajang Specialist Hospital
10. Seremban Specialist Hospital
|1. Johor Specialist Hospital
2. Puteri Specialist Hospital
3. Bandar Maharani Specialist Hospital
4. Kluang Specialist Hospital
5. Bandar Dato’ Onn Specialist Hospital
6. Pasir Gudang Specialist Hospital
7. Batu Pahat Specialist Hospital