Just imagine – you’re walking out onto the street and you’re greeted by a sea of red. Followed by the sound of clanging cymbals and rhythmic drums. And then, the perfume of sweet, sweet mandarin oranges hits. All your senses scream, LUNAR NEW YEAR! It’s everywhere you go, so there’s no forgetting the yearly affair.
In honour of the Lunar New Year is a celebration that is deeply anchored in time-honoured customs, Adobe invited digital artists from across Asia to put a creative spin on classic traditions and share the rituals that help them usher in a year of success.
In Singapore alone, we had three talented individuals share their interpretation of #AdobeLNYRituals. This includes:
- Andre Wee (@andre_wee)
- Illustrator and visual designer, Andre created his illustrations using Adobe Fresco on iPad. Most of the illustrated assets were designed to work in modular layers to save on time and effort.
- Guoxin Goh (@9oh9x)
- Composite Photographer, Guoxin created an artwork that reenacts the iconic Lunar New Year lion dance scene. Using Adobe Photoshop, he blended several different images to deliver the mood and message.
- Michael Ng (@mindflyer)
- Illustrator and visual artist, Michael is heavily inspired by traditional Chinese paper cuttings and folk art. He created his artwork with the help of Adobe Fresco’s painting brushes to lay down the colour patches, using his base sketch as a guide. As a final touch, Michael added details and contrast to the piece using the ‘Blotty Ink’ brush.
On that note, it is also the perfect time to reflect on how your business has performed over the past twelve months and set a vision for the year to come. To kick start this, some of the Adobe leaders across Asia-Pacific would like to share their words of wisdom for a successful new year.
- Simon Dale, Managing Director, Adobe South East Asia
- “I subscribe to the mantra “Fail to Plan, Plan to Fail,” along with involving the team in the planning to ensure they understand it, commit to it, and are ready to execute without delay once the year starts.”
- Janie Lim, APAC Senior Marketing Director, Adobe Digital Media
- “I trust in the collective power of a highly driven and collaborative team to achieve impactful results in today’s complex and dynamic business environment. The start of a year is always exciting as we prepare to take on new ambitious goals and challenges against the business strategy and plan. I ask my leadership team to envision how success looks like at the end of 2020 and write a win statement to capture the accomplishment. The win statements are then shared across functions to ensure alignment toward common objectives.”
If that’s not enough to fuel your inspiration this Lunar New Year, Adobe is also providing a free Photoshop template, freebies and inspiration from other artists here so you can create your own Lunar New Year artwork. So, go forth and prosper!